Commit to learn, love, partner, and serve internationally with a UUPG your church has embraced.
Embrace a NAME UUPG
Why is it important for your church to Embrace a NAME UUPG?
There are 584 unengaged, unreached people groups—over 85 million people who have never heard about Jesus Christ. There are no organizations, churches, missionaries, or individual believers sharing the gospel with them. Scripture has not been translated into their language or dialect and there are no known Christian broadcasts in their areas.
“How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how are they to believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching? And how are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who preach good news!” (Romans 10: 14, 15)
“And Jesus said to them, ‘The harvest is plentiful, but the laborers are few. Therefore pray earnestly to the Lord of the harvest to send our laborers into His harvest.’” (Luke 10: 2)
NAME Affinity needs churches to Embrace an Unengaged, Unreached People Group. We need the church to carry the good news to peoples living in the darkness, and we need laborers to bring in the harvest
Beginning the Journey – How Do We Begin?
Many churches are interested in embracing a UUPG but are overwhelmed with the beginning process. They are unsure where or how to even begin. There is no doubt it is a “God Size” task to EMBRACE a NAME UUPG and we want to help make the process easier for each church by providing information and giving training when needed. We will pray with you, encourage you and walk along side you as you begin this task.
STEP 1: Church Preparation
PRAY!!! Begin with your church staff or your mission committee and cover this endeavor with fervent PRAYER. Remember this is no insignificant task but an everlasting life battle for a lost people group.
Cast the Vision to your whole church. Begin involving them in the prayer process and the importance of the journey.
Begin exploring the Spiritual Gifts, Talents, professions and skills that Jesus has specifically placed within your church.
Find the Nations that God has placed around you. Look for the North African and Middle Eastern Peoples in your community, city, and state. Help your church “see” the people and their spiritual needs that are “next door” and not just “over there”. Learn how to engage these people with the gospel.
Step 2: Training
Sponsor or attend a NAME Affinity 101 Training event. This is an opportunity to learn about:
- NAME affinity engagement strategy and vision for the task.
- The UUPG people groups in NAME.
- Selecting the right UUPG for your church.
- Safe and secure travel in NAME.
Go deeper with information on other training opportunites in areas such as:
- “Your Neighbor Next Door – The Nations Among Us” How to find and engage the nations God has placed in our communities.
- Three “A” Evangelism Training – “Anyone, Anywhere, Anytime” – an effective evangelism tool used both at home and abroad.
- “The Church in the Crucible” – A seminar and training on the persecuted church.
- “Storying” – Training your church members in the techniques of taking scripture and “telling the story” to an oral culture.
- Security Training – Equipping in areas of safe travel, secure communications, and team operation.
Step 3: Exploration, Discovery, and Connecting
This is an exciting part of the process where your church is encouraged to visit Unengaged, unreached NAME Peoples. NAME leadership will work with you in examining and discussing your church’s role in Embracing a specific UUPG in NAME.
Together we will explore:
- Kingdom Expansion Principles for your UUPG
- Tools of Church Planting Movements
- Logistics involved in the task
- The beginning discussion of your church’s development of a Master Strategy Plan for reaching your UUPG
Step 4: Field Training
This event will be a minimum of one week of on the field training with the NAME trainer. This training will be for team leaders in your church with the goal of developing a Master Strategy Plan for your UUPG. The end goal of this training is to move your church toward an autonomous engagement of your chosen UUPG. NAME leadership will remain available for guidance, input and support as needed.
Step 5: Work Your Plan. Go and Make Disciples
Important note: The beginning of the journey is often the hardest, so please contact NAME Embrace so that we may walk beside you and your church as you Embrace an unengaged, unreached people group in NAME.
Contact us at: email@example.com
Enjoy the Journey